Welcome!

If you're interested in riding with me all the way to California, visit this site often!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

...With a little help from your friends!

When Carol and I bought Morris (the MGTD) in 1980, she took the keys and told me when  I was finished with my dissertation, I could drive the car.  Morris and Carol helped me to finish the commitment to achieve my PhD.  Carol calls it the best investment she's ever made.

When CURE agreed to work with me on the Rallye to Reno and the first pledge was made, I knew I had to complete the goal.  Morris and CURE and all the wonderful people and sponsors who have pledged have kept me on track.  Thank you so much.  I'm ready to pull out the driveway once this blog is posted!

I couldn't have gotten this far however without all the help from my friends.  There are so many of you who gave advice and encouragement over the Internet, in the restaurants, on the streets and in your homes. Thank you.  To those who got "recruited" to come to my garage, a special thank you.  Your patience and expertise helped me to be able to live my dream.

I'm not done!  California or bust!  I hope to raise more funds as I travel through the States.  I'll be posting short updates along the route although I may not be very good about sending out alerts. And I'm planning on having the time of my life.  I get by with a lot of help from my friends.

Thanks to all of you.
--John Deikis
  Chelsea, MI


A short break from the garage...Carol and I celebrating our 35th anniversary on May 30th.
Last day at work. Told you guys I needed three months off!
L to R:  Wally Biber, MD, Nigel Johnsfolly, Bill Bloem, Ph.D.
Home Sweet Home!
Believe it or not, this huge camper is designed to pull behind a motorcycle.


June 4, 2011: Send off from "The Ypsi Warehouse"
"No more bullshit" ---David E. Davis, Jr.


Help in the glove box: RAMBO!

No comments:

Post a Comment